Thursday, April 3, 2008

Back to the Beat Part 2


A few months ago I got really excited about finding this website. PSP Rhythm is a music application for the PSP. I was awestruck by the concept. I could write music without having to sit in front of a bunch of equipment. I could write music without having to spend thousands of dollars. I could write music with something I could put in my pocket. AWESOME! At the time though I was stymied because to run PSP Rhythm I needed to have the kernal for firmware 1.5 running on the PSP. In other words, I had to do a bit of hacking. Now, I've done that hacking and I have Rhythm running on my PSP. In the process of making that happen though, I found a couple other pretty neat applications for the PSP. PSP Kick is very much like PSP Rhythm because it acts very much like a drum machine and is mainly purposed for triggering samples. What I really wanted though was a program that wouldn't rely on samples and could synthesize its own sounds. I found that in PSPSEQ.

1 comment:

Invaderkim said...

Yur full of musickz! :D