So I want to blog, lord knows I need to do it more, but I just don't know what to write, or where to put it. I was thinking, okay, I'll blog on my Iconkraft site, but, I want to keep that just news in web technologies and design. Then I was thinking, "okay I could write in Fooey..." That's my blog where I analyze the interfaces used in science fiction movies and animation. Or at least it would be if I ever posted to it. I hit the button for new post and then stared at the blank space for awhile realizing that I don't have a movie that I want to write about. That's it! I just don't have any news that I want to let the world know about. I mean everything I have to say, everything that I've been concerned with lately. has been personal issues. So I decided eventually that I should just go back to this blog and write a personal entry. Why is it that we like to talk about ourselves? It seems to be a natural tendency. I remember reading an article in Layers magazine about twitter and social media. The author repeatedly made the point that no one wants to hear about what you had for lunch. So naturally, I try to fight the urge to blog about my personal BS and just blog about news items that everyone would be interested in. Unfortunately that leads to the inevitability of me abandoning the blog. the problem is that when I hear about things that are news worthy, I never remember to blog about them.
So! I'm going to stop blogging about blogging!
Here's what's going on in my world: I started an internship at Paddington Media recently, I interviewed today with T-3, my car is almost repaired, I started Fall semester (which should be my last), I tracked down where my check is for the WIC class last semester, I'm challenging Portfolio class, etc.
Bleh, so, okay. I wrote an post. Hopefully with practice and tenacity I might get better at this (I hope so since my supervisor at Paddington wants me to blog for them.)
No comments:
Post a Comment