Darn those internetz! You think you've come up with something original, and guess what; it's been done already and has a myspace page. For instance, SeaBear, the clever in-joke Kim and I are using as the name of our blog is already a band name. You can check them out here.
Just to be clear, this blog has nothing to do with any other sea bears you might find floating around the internetz.
To be even clearer, here's the story behind the name.
Long ago, Kim and I were doing quests together in World of Warcraft. I don't remember where in Azeroth we were, but I know we were on a beach and the quest was to eliminate naga. (This is where it gets complicated) We were in the process of taking one of the nasty creatures down when a bear came swimming out of the depths of the ocean. We thought it was an add and it totally freaked us out before we realized it was another player's attack pet. It didn't occur to us at first that the sea isn't a bear's natural habitat. So concerned about the mer-bear's threat to our health were we, that all prior knowledge of natural bear behavior (like not living underwater) was forgotten. Needless to say this has been a running joke of ours, and now the name of our joint blog. Hopefully the blog will bring both you and us surprising and funny things from unexpected origins, just like its namesake.
No comments:
Post a Comment